9.19.2008

Peanut Problem

On the way to the airport in Denver, I was feeding Lucas a PB & J sandwich when I noticed some redness around his mouth. This had happened Friday when I was with Kristi, but it went away immediately. As we got closer to the airport, the rash got worse not better. Annie and I curb sided my baggage and quickly said our goodbyes... I knew I had to get some Benadryl in my baby before the flight. While we were in the security line, a guard came up to me and asked if everything was okay. I responded with "I think we just figured out that my son has a peanut allergy. Do you know where I can get some Benadryl?" This kind man escorted me through security and took me to a store where I paid too much for Benadryl... and within about 20 minutes Luke was just about back to normal. Long story short, we are seeing a specialist in December to see how severe it is and what other things he may be allergic to. In the meantime, no peanuts for Lucas! Poor little guy... 

6 comments:

The Archuleta's said...

Poor little guy. That looks painful.

Shannon and Cameron said...

Oh that is so sad. My mom told me the deets on this and I was so sad for little Luke. I know how to use the epi, I can still babysit!

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

anya-it's Cori Bowen Hanson. How are you doing? I found your blog through Sarah's and I also am informed from time to time on how you are doing through Chris. Any how, you and your fam are looking great! Darnit-peanut allergies-hopefully the specialists will be able to help. Drop me a line sometime.....

Josie said...

Poor Lucas! poor you! I feed my kids pb & J like everyday! He's such a cutie! Looks like you had fun in Denver.

sophie weichers said...

ohhhh no. thats awful. im allergic to peanuts too.. and practically all foods. ha so lets hope its just peanuts for luke. i miss that little guy.

Jess said...

my niece is allergic to peanuts too. makes it a pain, but it's a good thing you found out this way... and not from a babysitter in the ER!