Apparently Scott and I like to go on trips without each other this year... July: Scott to Lake Powell, me to Jackson Hole... and now Sept: Scott to Zions and me to Denver!
Scott and his friends have been planning this trip for months. Scott, Jamin, Kyle, Dallin, Jared, and Miles all made the trek down to Zions to do a little or A LOT of hiking. The first day down there they ate a stellar breakfast and hiked Angel's Landing. That night they ate an even more stellar dinner (Dutch oven RIBS!) and hit the sack. The second day there they hiked The Narrows. To hike the Narrows you get bused in at 6:30 am to start hopefully by 7:30-7:45 am. Scott said that the 16 mile hike went great, however the last 6 miles were a little rough. They finished the hike in 12 hours. The day Scott got home he reported that his legs felt like he just ran a marathon! The boys had a great time being BOYS and let me say I was grateful NOT joining them to sleep on the hard ground and hike 20 miles in 2 days! BUT, the boys had a great time together and the rummer is that they'd like to make this boys trip a yearly event!
Angel's Landing... the finish point being the tip top of this rock shown here! You must go up the rock by means of holding chains as you climb up. Apparently there are cliffs on either side of you. I don't think I could do this... in fact only 2 boys of the 4 made it to the tip top... my Scotty and Dallin! Way to go boys!
Scotty at the Top of Angel's Landing. What a view!
Four of the six boys that went to Zion's:
Kyle, Miles, Jared, & Scott
Not pictured: Jamin and Dallin
The Narrows
You can see the boys in the middle behind the walls.
Just a great photo that Scott took on the Narrows hike.
2 comments:
I heard that they BOYS saw Sasquatch balancing naked on a log somewhere down the Narrows.
After seeing all the pictures that Scott and Dallin emailed to us, all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't go. They sure did seem to have a good time though.
Post a Comment