10.18.2008

LOTOJA

For those of you unfamiliar with my father... he is NUTS! He likes to do thinks that lots of normal people do like Heli-ski, run 42 marathons, bike in 100 miles races 3 times in a month, and of course ride in LOTOJA. Actually at this very moment he is riding in a 100 mile race in St. George without training for 2 weeks. Like I said, he's NUTS! Back to LOTOJA.... it is a 210 mile bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming! Have you ever driven that? It's a challenging ride in a car, let alone a bike! ... up and down... over mountain passes... winding in and out... So here's to my crazy loving dad.... Congrats on completing LOTOJA for the second year! :) Special thanks to my mom for running the "feed stops" all along the 12 hour ride! 
Love ya... 

5 comments:

Karie said...

Wow, I knew he was a little crazy, but not THAT crazy! That's very admirable . . . and crazy. :)

The Archuleta's said...

That is amazing. What an accomplishment. But it does sound crazy! I would never want to do that.

Brooke Bowen said...

Jim is a champ! So cool, but you can tell him that I can kick his butt! (not really even close, but maybe a long time ago I could've come a little bit closer!)

Team Beardshall said...

Well if he is going to be nuts...this is the good kind of nuts to be, right! Way to go dad!

Katherine said...

Crazy cyclists! We may be seeing you there next year!