12.06.2009

Scotty and Anya {Our Story}

It's been quite the week. I haven't been home in the evenings for 6 out of 7 days. Scotty thinks we are divorced and my baby may forget that I am his mom. Scotty was also feeling a little left out considering this is basically a blog about Luke and the last post was dedicated to my love of steamers instead of him. I am of course working tonight... and so I decided to actually do a tag {which I don't do. just for the record) So, here's our story in a nutshell:

1. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE?
We met in high school. I knew some of his friends through choir {Jamin and Evan} and that's how we really met. Scotty was also dating one of my friends his Senior Year. (He dated LOTS of my friends before he dated me.)
2. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST DATE?
We doubled with Kyle and Dana and went to China Lily's at Jordan Commons and then we went back to Scotty's house for a movie. He tried to put the moves on! ;)
3. HOW LONG DID YOU DATE BEFORE YOU GOT ENGAGED?
Our first date was the week before Valentine's Day 2004 and we were engaged by the end of April 2004. Almost 4 months.
4. HOW DID YOUR FIANCE PROPOSE?
I got TWO proposals!
(1)Scotty wanted to be engaged before I went to Europe with Sarah and Erin. A few days before I left, Scotty planned for us to go out. I thought that we were going out with his parents, but he had other plans. We ate at Olive Garden and went to the Joseph Smith movie downtown. After the movie, we went on the temple grounds to walk around. Even though it was late April, it was cold. Scotty was trying to carry on a conversation with me, but I was freezing and kept asking to go home! Little did I know that his friend Jared had left a rose for me behind a bench for Scotty to give to me as he proposed. I was actually really surprised!
(2)I warned Scotty that when I got home from Europe that there better NOT be an embarrassing poster or anything at the airport. Well, he brought a poster, flowers, and my ring! It was so funny coming down the escalator and seeing Scotty hold a poster over his head that said "Marry Me" with an arrow pointing to his head. Our flight was late and so he had gathered quite the crowd to see this "proposal" happen. Let's just say it was super embarrassing, but it was totally worth it! Our families were there to witness as well as a friend or two. It's even on video.
5. WHAT JOBS DID YOU TWO HAVE WHILE YOU WERE ENGAGED?
Scotty was working for Great Mountain West Supply (GMWS) and going to SLCC. I was working at Intermountain Health Care in their Float Pool as an LPN. I was also studying for my RN boards and taking classes for my BSN.
6. HOW LONG WERE YOU ENGAGED?
Almost 4 months. One of those months I was gone in Europe with 2 girlfriends!
7. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU GOT MARRIED?
Scotty was 23 and I was 22.
8. WHEN DID YOU GET MARRIED?
August 17, 2004
9. WHAT WERE YOUR COLORS?
Red, Orange, Yellow, Pink and Lime Green. It was a garden wedding.
10. HOW MANY BRIDESMAIDS DID YOU HAVE?
Four (Shannon, Emily, Ali, and Sarah)
11. WHO WAS YOUR MAID OF HONOR?
I didn't have one.
12. WHERE WAS THE CEREMONY?
Salt Lake Temple
13. DID YOU HAVE A DJ OR BAND?
We had a CD of piano music playing.
14. DID YOU HAVE A SONG YOU DANCED TO AND WHAT WAS IT?
Kalai: Wedding Song
15. DID ANYTHING GO WRONG AT THE WEDDING OR RECEPTION?
It was a beautiful day all day long, but it POURED rain for about 2 hours before. It was a bit stressful considering that my reception was outside with NO option for inside (we had large tents though) and that my parents were stuck in traffic with my dress. So, instead of getting ready I pinned flowers on people. The wedding planner was totally freaking out!
16. WHAT CAR DID YOU LEAVE IN AND WHAT DID IT LOOK LIKE?
Scotty's White Honda Accord. It was a mess. Thanks Jamin and friends!
17. WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?
San Diego California
18. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
There were lots and lots... a funny memory was that our power went out in our hotel and so the folks there handed out glow sticks for us to use that night. Hilarious.
19. WOULD YOU HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING IF YOU COULD?
Nope. It was the perfect day! We had a BLAST and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
20. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?
Five Years

2 comments:

simplesmiles said...

how fun to learn more about your. sounds like you have an amazing family:)

natalie palmer said...

i loved reading about you and scott. i was on my mission during all of it so i really had no idea how it all panned out. we have so many things in common! we started dating right around v day too and we got engaged in april, then i went to chili for a month and then we got married on augst 9th! and we had a garden wedding! we are so alike! i miss you!