The second weekend in August we went to St. George with my parents. We wanted to get away before I started work and tied up our weekends. We haven't been able to go boating all summer because Millie was born and too little to go on the boat. So... we were excited when my Dad suggested that we take the boat down to St. George to try out Sand Hollow Reservoir. My mom stayed at the townhouse and watched Millie while the rest of us went to the lake.
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful lake. I thought it was like a mini Lake Powell. We'll definitely go to Sand Hollow again.
Lucas is always very hesitant on the boat for some reason.
This time was no different, but he warmed up soon enough.
Scotty skiing
I hadn't skiied in 3 years... but I got up the first time and had a blast!
Lucas came and swam with us after we were done skiing. He was of course hesitant, but did just fine after a few minutes.
My Dad, the goofball.
Taking a rest
Lucas was in charge of the flag. He did a great job and took it very seriously.
The whole crew
When we decided to go to St. George my mom suggested we get tickets to see Tarzan at Tuacan. I was all over the idea! We went and it was really great! Jane was our favorite character by far... so much like the film. If you haven't had a chance to go to a show at Tuacan, put it on your to do list. It's fabulous.
The kids watching a show. Lucas told me he was keeping Millie's toes warm. Cute.
My Dad has this obsession with taking really close pictures and taking pictures by yourself. As in you being in the photo and stretching your arm out with the camera to take the picture.
So, here is a little photography by Jim.
Cut me right out of that one...
Woah... close up at it's finest.
That's a little better.
I love this one. Me and the kids. I swear this type of photo never gets taken...
I am always behind the camera.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun trip!
3 comments:
So fun! I am completely jealous of the peaceful time you seemed to have. I need some of that! I love the picture of you and the kids! How did you get everyone smiling??? Amazing!
Yeah, seriously jealous of the good times! But glad you got to get out and enjoy!! And so love'n that last pic!
Anya, I love the pictures. I am glad you got away, and I am glad that you went out on the boat. You deserved a break. You look so happy in the pictures. I love the one of just Luke and the last picture. So great.
Post a Comment