this year i decided that we needed to start some family traditions. i had no idea if lucas would grasp the concept of a thankful chain, but he did and it was a hit!
every day i would ask lucas...
"what are you thankful for today?"
some days he would say one thing, others he would say several.
the best part of all of his items were they were completely from lucas. Totally unprompted by me or by scott. some days he would just look around the house listing things and other days he really thought about it and came up with an answer.
here is 2010's thankful chain....
(please don't be offended if you or your children aren't listed... i really tried hard not to prompt lucas or put any words in his mouth. many of these items were stated by lucas because of what or who we were with that day. loves.)
grammy and grandpa
mommy and daddy
prayers
nana and papa
cheese and crackers
cold milk
cell phones
reagan and crew
legos
leaves
cereal
katrina and jamin
helicopters and firetrucks
millie
phones
woody and all my tools
daddy is thankful for diet coke
gideon (friend in nursery)
millie's toys
tv
baseball bats
lawn mowers
swamp cooler
snow
my blankie
lucas was very proud of his thankful chain... and i must say that i was pretty proud of him and all of his thankful items. i'll be looking forward to this tradition next year.





10 comments:
Cute idea and I really like the paper!
That is such a great tradition. Do you do it for the month of November? So creative!
what a cute idea!
Love this!
That is such a great idea! I love it! My favorite is the swamp cooler and daddy is thankful for diet coke.
@Kellee: We did it for the month of November... leading up to Thanksgivng.
@Josie: Those are some of my fav's too! ;)
I seriously have to do this next year! We love Lukie too...
I am going to remember this tradition! I love it, so cute and clever :)
I LOVE this idea! Can I steal it for next year?
What a cute idea. You will have to save these lists for when he gets older. P.S. love the AUTUMN sign in the background. :)
Post a Comment