7.26.2011

Diabetes Clubhouse

Every summer I am involved with Diabetes Clubhouse. 
It's a two day, day camp for kids with diabetes ages 4-8.
I am on the planning committee.... in charge of education for these little buggers!
Not to mention the medical staff (testing and dosing) for 12 kids!
It's always a lot of work and a lot of time... but so worth it. 
These kids are one of a kind. 
They are brave and strong... I admire them and relate to them.
Props to the American Diabetes Association for putting this on!
(oh, and our awesome sponsors, and committee members!)
Having diabetes at Clubhouse is cool. These kids were feeling pretty cool and so was I.


This year the kids got to make a diabeastie!
A monster that represented their diabetes.
I loved the insulin syringes as ski poles!
Aren't these boys adorable?
The one in the middle is my favorite.

2 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

What an awesome thing to do with your time! Ha the dud in the middle has awesome hair! Your trip looked amazing. I am lovin the helicopter ride....I am secretly a big nerd and saw Jurassic Park way more times than I want to admit in the theater....SO COOL! Yup, you did more than nothing. Looks like we'll need to make our way over to Maui!

The Peterson's said...

You are amazing.