We just got back from Lake Powell.
Great vacation with some great adventures.
skiing, swimming, tubing, fishing, ice cream, cards... and a mouse on the house boat.
does anyone like mice? yuck. i don't. hate them. scared of them.
i have my feet up off the couch just writing about the mouse.
Day 2 in Lake Powell.
I woke up at 4:30am to put a blanket on Millie. As I shined the flashlight down the stairs,
I saw the mouse.
I freaked.
I spent the rest of the night awake thinking about what the mouse would do.
Everyone thought I was crazy nuts.
Day 4.
My mom saw the mouse.
Day 4 (evening).
I saw the mouse, again.
At this point, Scotty took matters into his own hands.
After the mouse ran into a hole of the cabinet for the second time... Scotty and my dad decided to just plug up the hole... then it was decided to use a bigger bottle (Gatorade) with the lid off and a little bait inside (grated cheese.)
I give you the trap...
While we were playing cards, we noticed the mouse actually fell for our devious plan!
So, Scotty then moved to the floor to wait for the little sucker fall for it again.
Day 2 in Lake Powell.
I woke up at 4:30am to put a blanket on Millie. As I shined the flashlight down the stairs,
I saw the mouse.
I freaked.
I spent the rest of the night awake thinking about what the mouse would do.
Everyone thought I was crazy nuts.
Day 4.
My mom saw the mouse.
Day 4 (evening).
I saw the mouse, again.
At this point, Scotty took matters into his own hands.
After the mouse ran into a hole of the cabinet for the second time... Scotty and my dad decided to just plug up the hole... then it was decided to use a bigger bottle (Gatorade) with the lid off and a little bait inside (grated cheese.)
I give you the trap...
While we were playing cards, we noticed the mouse actually fell for our devious plan!
So, Scotty then moved to the floor to wait for the little sucker fall for it again.
Guess what folks?
IT WORKED!
As soon as the mouse ran into the bottle, Scott squished the bottle so the
mouse couldn't escape and put on the lid!
VICTORY!
Scott was SOOOOO stoked that his plan worked!
Scott believes that he should be issued a second Eagle Scout Award for his efforts.
I agree.
Dang Mouse.
6 comments:
Ha Ha! That is so funny. I was laughing so hard my co-worker just told me to take a breath. What became of the mouse? Did you set him free outside or did smashing the bottle lead to his demise?
Way to go Scotty! The first time I saw a mouse in my house, I left the house and wouldn't go back in until Jason went to the store, bought a trap, got back home, and set it. Then he went to bed, but I sat on the couch (with my feet up) watching tv until I heard a snap at 1:00 a.m. There was no way I could sleep until he was dead! But alas....they don't freak me out so much anymore. It's what I get for living right next to a vineyard.
Oooooo! I am with you... I can do without mice. Way to go Scottie! Now I know who to call if I ever see one.
Oh that is the WORST! The old houseboat we used to share with the Moffitts had lots of mice on it. I was always scared to walk around without flip flops on. And watching movies or eating dinner or anything like that I always had my feet up on my chair. The boys would bring a BB gun and successfully shot one in the head one year. Disgusting! Gives me the chills just thinking about it.
I couldn't even look at the pictures. Too gross.
Gross I hate mice! So glad that Scott has some pretty awesome Mouse catching skills.
Post a Comment