9.27.2011

Lucas' Birthday Bash

After a month of Luke asking for a bike party, no a motorcycle party, no a Phineas and Ferb party, no a rocket party, no a tractor and truck party, no a monster party, no a .... you get the idea, I was a little perplexed at what to do for a theme. Then there's the yearly debate of friends or no friends. Due to some complex friend dilemma's... Scott and I opted for a friend party next year.

This year, as I mentioned in my last blog post, was very low key. 
Family only. Which ended up being grandparents only. 
No theme. Just bright colors.
And as per Lucas' request, a donut cake "just like daddy's!"



Millie insisted on walking around with Luke's new airplane from Nana and a balloon around her wrist. 
Why didn't anyone tell me that girls are so particular?


A donut cake "just like daddy's!"
Notice the bite out of it... complements of the birthday boy.



Lucas' face that he pulls to make Millie laugh... and it works every time!
She thinks Lucas is hilarious.



Nana and Papa with Lucas.
(Nana had just gotten knee surgery the day before and still came to support Lucas!)


Grammy and Grandpa with the kids.


Daddy and Lucas
Two peas in a pod.


It was a good birthday for Lucas... he didn't care about the simplicity... he just loved that everyone was there for him... and that it was his special day.


Happy Birthday Lucas! 

3 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

I'm wishing for one of those donuts right now! I love Millie's purple shoes... so cute! Glad you had a great party Lucas!

Sarah D said...

Looks like a pretty great party! Happy Birthday LUKE!

Shaunika said...

Looks like so much fun! When Sam turned 4 she couldn't make up her mind either, so I did the same thing. No real theme, just fun bright colors--birthday theme. And in the end, she loved it!