In 2004, Scotty and I went to visit his sister Shannon in San Fransisco. It was a trip of a lifetime. Probably my favorite trip EVER. San Fran was where I fell in love. I fell in love with Scotty and I fell in love with steamers. Obviously one love is more important than another, but we'll leave Scotty and I's story for another day on another post.
After a fun ride over the bridge, Shannon insisted that we stop at Starbucks for a steamer. Let's be honest. I was skeptical. Very skeptical. I think that first time Scotty and I shared a hazelnut steamer. Now, for those of you that don't know what a steamer is...let me tell you. It's basically hot milk with flavoring. Now, before you start dry heaving... let me assure you it's GOOD. Really good!! I promise.
(San Fran March 2004)
Starbucks costs a pretty penny... so I started making my own. Introducing my very own steamer. I have perfected it to the following:
12 oz. skim milk or 2% for a splurge
2 Tb sugar free vanilla flavoring
(you know the flavoring they use at starbucks, not the flavoring for cooking)
whip up in a coco latte or some hot chocolate maker machine
top off with a shake of cinnamon.
Delish.
Thank Shan for my obsession.


7 comments:
I haven't had one of those in FOREVER. I guess I need to buy one of those contraptions to make my own... great idea!!
I love that San Francisco is where you fell in love. That's my all-time favorite city. And I love Starbucks steamers.
Never even heard of a steamer. They sound devine! I think next time we come over we should make them! :)
Mmmmm, I love steamers! I used to get a vanilla steamer all the time at the coffee cart at St. Mark's. I might just have to try your recipe!
Okay so I was totally skeptical about these as well, but I have been hooked ever since my senior year in high school. I have been addicted for 11 years now! They are so good especially on a cold winter day!
Shan... we'll make some when you are here for Christmas!
Shelli... oh boy do I remeber those steamers at st. marks. so good.
Jess... I'll make you one. You'll love it!
Oh my gosh I LOVE steamers!! I get them all the time when it is cold. They have yummy sugar free flavorings :)
Post a Comment