For as long as I can remember the Haskell's (my mom's side) has a party on Christmas Eve night. Since Scott and I have been married, we have not been to this annual tradition because we have been at the Neidig's Fabulous Fondue night.
This year I was talking to one of my Aunts about this and we decided that our family dynamics were changing and so therefore we needed to change the day of the Annual Christmas Eve party.
The Monday prior to Christmas was the big night. We have all of my mom's siblings (6) and their families. The least amount of kids is 3 in each family with some families having married children... so as you can imagine, it was a packed house. It was fun to see everyone and be at the annual party that we have missed for several years. We had appetizers (complete with homemade won tons, delish) and dessert. Then we had all the cousin's (well the little cousin's and second cousin's) act out the Christmas Story. Then, we all opened gifts. The kids drew names and then my grandparents give to everyone.... and I mean everyone. The adults (including couples) bring a gift to throw in the gift exchange pile where you can steal each others gifts and be real mean! We ended up with the game "Would you Rather". Apparently one of the hot new games for 2009. I am excited to give it a try. Any takers? Think questions like the following:
"Would you Rather eat ice cream that tastes like poo, or poo that tastes like ice cream???" That's one of Scott's favorite questions. Weird.
This is a picture of Luke and Jack at the party. My sister and I had no idea, but we completely dressed the boys exactly the same. These cute shark shirts came from Hawaii from my parents. Both boys insisted that they wear them that night. Pretty funny that Al and I coupled that we jeans and a gray shirt underneath. Great minds think alike?


No comments:
Post a Comment