6.12.2010

D-Day

Alright already... I have been lectured, asked, and begged to put some pictures on this darn blog... I am sorry for the delay. We have been doing good... well, everyone but me. I'll spare you the details. All you need to know is that after several trips to the pharmacy and lots of help from friends, neighbors, and family -- I am on the mend and feeling much, much better. THANK YOU everyone. You know who you are.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

The morning of May 24th arrived. We weren't quite ready for the new addition to our little family, but more ready than we were the week before. Scotty went into work for an hour or two and Lucas and I got ready for the day ahead. We dropped Lucas off at my moms and headed in to the hospital. I have always found it interesting that we go to the hospital to sign up for pain. It's bizarre. 
"Hi. My name is Anya. I am here for you to put a massive needle in my back, numb me up to my chest so I feel like I can't breathe, and cut my stomach open. When can we get started?!" 
Does anyone else think it's strange? Enough of that.

Like the puffy face? That"s what happens when you are nine months pregnant and the nurses give you 3 liters of fluid. 



Scotty all ready for the Operating Room.


They had the Newborn ICU nurses there to assess Millie. Perhaps a little over kill, but hey if the diabetes card can get my kid a little more expertise, I am all over it!


I am realizing now that we didn't get the first family photo with me on the OR table with the hubby and newborn. Maybe its better that way.

3 comments:

Emily and Alan said...

It's about time! I have been anxiously waiting for a post! I am glad everything went well and you are feeling better. We will be in Salt Lake on Tuesday for a wedding and would love to stop by if you will be around.

Team Beardshall said...

Glad you are on the mend. The reason we can go to the hospital and sign up for all this paid is we are super moms!!!! and I guess we can handle a little of that for our sweet kidos! Looks like the pain was worth it! Good baby makin'

The Peterson's said...

Love the picture of Scott!