7.09.2011

Lake Powell 2011

The kids had never been to Lake Powell. To say I was a little nervous about taking them, is a gross understatement. Everything about it made me nervous....
the heat, the water, the bugs, the boat, the life jackets, sleeping situation, etc, ect, ect. 
Even though I have been there every year (with the exception of the last 4) since I was little, I was still nervous.

Despite my reservations about going... we went and the kids had a blast! 
Millie especially loved it. Loved the boat, the tube, the water, everything. 

The first day we had to try out the new water slide off the house boat...



Luke wasn't a huge fan... so he stuck to jumping off the floor of the house boat or the ski boat for the rest of the week.



Against my usual mantra... we swam, a lot. 
This was Luke's and Millie's favorite thing! 









I think it's my dad's personal goal to be the first boat on the lake every morning for a ski. 
Every morning we won. Six am people. 
The first morning I had the first pull of the day and the first pull of the trip. 
It was the best. Hands down.


 (this is NOT a picture of the first day skiing... 
the first day skiing was pure glass as far as the eye could see!)


Scott and I after our morning pulls.




Scott skiing...


Jimbo skiing



My dad is training for a full Ironman triathlon in November.
Leave it to him to bring his swimming gear along to swim a few miles a day.

 

Millie enjoying an after dinner Oreo.


Every Lake Powell trip has to have some sort of problem...
well, this year was no exception.
While driving back from Halls... in the middle of a large part of the Lake... we ran over a huge rock! It was so crazy. In the middle of the channel. We couldn't see anything and then all of a sudden we are halting to a stop. That's what happens in Powell when the water is rising a foot or more a day!
This is my dad and Scotty changing out the propeller. We were grateful that was the worst problem we had.


For some reason, Lucas was very excited to go fishing. 
The boys went out one evening and came back with a 2 pound, 16 inch stripper caught by Lucas! 
Lucas was a little freaked out by the spunkiness of the fish. 
But, I think all in all, he had a great time.




Thanks Mom and Dad for a great trip to Lake Powell!

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Can't get over how cute Millie looked in her floaty and on the tube. I am also proud you went! I think I would have been too freaked out. BTW...love the new suit. Where are your Hawaii pictures???

Shan and Cam said...

Looks like a blast. Before I die I need to make it to Powell! Loved the mouse trap pics btw!! So hilarious....

Shaunika said...

Looks like so much fun! And yeah, I'd have been freaked out with the little ones too! It's stressful keeping them safe and happy all the time. P.S. Really wishing I knew how to water ski!

jen said...

Lake Powell is the best ever. Love love love all the pics! Oh and I do my collages on Picasa. Just a free program I have on my PC.... way easy and simple.