This is what our an entire day looked like on the road to Hana.
THE END.
just kidding... here's what we saw...
RAIN FOREST
Road to Hana
In between the 8 or more hours we spend in the car were some beautiful spots.
This was the coolest, most diverse tree I have seen.
Rainbow tree. Check out the trunk!
Gorgeous flowers and foliage.
BLACK SAND BEACH
Road to Hana.
I lied. This was the most beautiful beach I have EVER seen. EVER!
It wasn't your typical lay your towel and take a nap kind of beach. But it was beautiful.
The sand and rocks were BLACK. So unique. The green foliage against the black rock and blue ocean was an incredible site. This beach alone was worth all that time I almost threw up in the car.
Have you ever heard something that you just wanted to bottle up and take home with you?
I had never had that experience before... but I had it here. Right in this little cave. The sound of the tide flowing out of this cave against the rocks was intoxicating.
I wish I could listen to it daily. Although, it wouldn't have the same feel with out the sunshine and salt water breeze... but it would still be wonderful.
Please note the sign.
Please note where the boys are.
Standing right next to the blow hole...
Brilliant.
Then they talked us into it too. Made us stand in front of the darn thing for like 15 minutes waiting for it to "blow". Right when Katrina and I had had enough smiling for the camera... we turned away and it blew.
Figures.
Jamin and Scott.
There are no words.
RED SAND BEACH
Road to Hana
We traversed the side of a mountain for this beautiful beach.
It was worth it too.
Even saw some naked sunbathers there. Not great scenery for our packed lunches.
This picture makes me laugh.
Look at J. What a Boner.
I mean really, could it be any more breathtaking???
At the top of the Road to Hana is a National State Park.
We were supposed to hike to the seven sacred pools.
We were too tired.
This is two of them... at the start of the 3 mile hike.
Loved seeing the beaches on the Road to Hana.... the pictures don't quite capture the beauty.
... but I don't think we'd do Hana again.


















3 comments:
I like to call this the "Road to Hell." But.... you got some awesome pics!!!
I'm pretty sure I hated Road to Hana when I did it because it made me so car sick. But it looks so pretty! It definitely is a once in a lifetime thing!
Cannot believe how pretty your pictures are. The rainbow tree and black sand? I also loved how you started the post.
Post a Comment