2.17.2012

Valentine's

This year for Valentine's Day, I wanted to try out the 3D Valentine idea that was floating around last year. 
Yeah, I am a little behind the times... 
Taking the pictures for the Valentine proved to be a little more difficult than I had thought. 
We finally got one for Lucas... Millie was impossible.

Lucas picked out the specific suckers he wanted. He didn't want anything to do with the valentine-y tootsie pops. Just the regular flavors. Pink was out of the question.
I punched holes and he put the suckers in. He also organized them in colors before we took these pictures. They turned out pretty cute and Lucas was proud to share them with his friends at preschool.



This was the best I could get for Millie. I demonstrated what I wanted her to do. I had Lucas demonstrate. But, every time I asked her to put her arm out towards me she thought I wanted "bones" and would just run up to me and pound my fist. 
Needless to say... we skipped the 3D valentine this year for Millie. 


I was able to co-op in Lucas' classroom for the big day. I brought sugar cookies, frosting, and sprinkles for the kids to decorate during their art time. It was a lot of fun. 
Later that night I did a mini treasure hunt for the kids to find their gifts. Lucas loved it! I think I'll have to do that in the future.... it was a huge hit.
Happy Love Day.
xoxoxoxo.

5 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

I've always loved those sucker valentines. Thy turned out really cute!!! Millie's was darling too! Love the text on the photos.... I need to try that sometime.

The Archuleta's said...

So cute! You always have such darling ideas.

The Peterson's said...

I love that Luke wanted to organize the suckers and Millie thought you wanted bones. Haha. Love it. Also love Millie's picture. She is the cutest.

Annie said...

SUCH a cute idea!

Emily and Alan said...

Such a cute idea. They turned out adorable. Oh, I forgot to give you one of Luke's shirts. I'll bring it down next time we come!